Bosque Seco De Guánica,
An International Biosphere.
This destination was on my original hit-list…
The 10,000 acre Reserve is home to over 600 species of plants and animals including 48 endangered species of which 16 are endemic to Puerto Rico (per Wikipedia).
Trivia/History- Guánica’s large enclosed bay on the Southwest coast is where the US first invaded Puerto Rico during the Spanish-American War of 1898. This landing gave them a foothold to proceed overland to Ponce, then onto Coamo where the fighting ended. Continue reading →
Copyright © 2009~2013 RobertosPuertoRico.com, All Comm. Rights Reserved, CC3, ShareAlike
1,801+ Search Words, Many in Spanish!
Navigate Roberto’s Posts
- Dog’s Intro with Video
- Gardening in Puerto Rico
- Greater San Juan Metroplex, Old San Juan
- Isla East Region, Puerto Rico
- Isla Mountain Central, Puerto Rico
- Isla North Region, Puerto Rico
- Isla Northeast Region, Puerto Rico
- Isla South Region, Puerto Rico
- Isla Southwest Region, Puerto Rico
- Isla West Region, Puerto Rico
- Liv’n Large in Puerto Rico
- Off the Charts, Destinations Outside PR
- Puerto Rico Detours
- Roberto’s X-files
- The Dog’s Blog- How I did it
PR Tours and Day Trips..
Save 9% on San Juan Snorkel and Picnic Cruise
Valid Through December 30, 2013
Take a leisurely catamaran sail to explore Icacos, a deserted island paradise off the coast of San Juan, with miles of white sand beaches and crystal water! Collect shells, sunbathe, wade or swim offshore and view the underwater wonders of a living coral reef. Includes a picnic lunch and cocktail!
Zipline Canopy Eco-Adventure Tour from San Juan
A Memorable and Exhilarating Experience!
Save 21% on Rio Camuy Cave Park and Arecibo Observatory from San Juan
Save Through December 30, 2013
From the depths of these dramatic caves to the stars above in one day!
Save 10% on El Yunque Rainforest Half-Day Trip from San Juan
Revel in nature's beauty under the canopy of El Yunque's ancient rainforest...
Save 10% on Rum Distillery and Old San Juan Half-Day Tour
Save 10% Through December 30, 2013
Scuttlebutt.. On the Dog’s Blog
- Ron Canita on Arroyo’s Tren del Sur- Train of the South
- Virgil rios on The Old Sugar Mills & Plantations of PR, Part 1
- Manuel on Real Estate and the Cost of Living in PR.. My 2¢
- Javier Fernandez on A Vertical Aquaponic Eco Farming Project in PR
- Roberto on Real Estate and the Cost of Living in PR.. My 2¢
- Jay on Real Estate and the Cost of Living in PR.. My 2¢
- PuertoRicoUFOs on Lights in the Night Sky & the Unexplained in PR
- Michelle Hicks on How Does Roberto’s Garden Grow..
The Isle of Bamboo Website in PR
Wippy Woppy Webdesign is proud to announce our new site- the Isle of Bamboo.
It's dedicated to the myriad of ways bamboo enriches our lives and our planet. If there ever was a 'Super Plant', bamboo is it!
The Site is optimized to run on desktops and laptops as well as tablets like the iPad or Android 4.0 models.
Me Mates 10 Most Favored Posts
- Real Estate and the Cost of Living in PR.. My 2¢ (21)
- A Fine Art Photographer's Dream Come True (20)
- Lights in the Night Sky & the Unexplained in PR (20)
- 48th Annual San Blas 'Half' Marathon of Coamo (19)
- The Long Road to Hacienda Buena Vista.. (18)
- USDA Tropical Agriculture Gardens of Mayagüez (18)
- Degetau's Observation Stone.. a Panoramic View (17)
- Toro Negro.. a Sunday Drive into the Mountains (17)
- Guayama, PR... 'The City of Witches' (17)
- 49th Annual Artisan Fair of Barranquitas (16)
20 Most Current Ports of Call
- 2013 Year End Wrap Up
- Montoso Gardens in the Mountains of Maricao
- Paradise Tax and the Costs of Living in PR
- Manatí on the North Coast- Wake of the Cross
- The Ruins of Hacienda La Esperanza
- Muskets, Cannon and Soldiers of Great Stature
- 51st San Blas Marathon of Coamo, The Movie
- Gardening as Intervention, a Mega Update
- The 51st San Blas Marathon of Coamo, My 4th
- Zipping Through the Jungle of Guaynabo, PR
- Forest Park, Birds and Butterflies of Guaynabo
- The Old Ruins of Coamo, a Historical Tribute
- Surfing on the South Side, Punta Pozuelo Beach
- Figuras Point Lighthouse of Arroyo, PR
- Good News, Bad News Update
- Year End Wrap Up, 2012
- Tuesday After Lunch- Another Day in Paradise
- Guillermo’s Garden in Cayey
- Classic Puerto Rico, Hatillo on the North Shore
- On to Camuy on the Northwest Coast